Listen on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher or Google Play In this episode of I Know I’m Crazy with Naja Hall, I am sharing my very own stepmom affirmations. I know how weird stepmom life can feel and sometimes you need a quick reminder of how strong you really are. If you are mothering another woman’s children in any capacity, put this on repeat! You’re gonna need it! Stepmothering is arguably far more challenging than mothering and I know that stepmothers all over the world feel like they are sinking because this role can be so uncomfortable. I wanted to share my personal stepmom affirmations with you. This is what helps me thrive, not just survive. Life is far too short to walk around in a constant state or barely getting by.
This episode is brought to you by girlbye.info . Girl Bye is a 10-day masterclass from women that are caught in a toxic co-mothering tango. She is not going anywhere. Neither are you. So let me show you how to get your groove back and dance around her. visit www.girlbye.info for details. Hard copies are available on Amazon and the eBook is available for immediate download at www.girlbye.info.
- Imposter syndrome makes me question my place in this family. I prayed to be here. I deserve to be here. I belong here. I earned this
- I can step away when I want to. As a stepmom, I not only step up, but I step back, step aside and step out
- If I am not feeling acknowledged, I have the right to ask my partner for reassurance
- I will focus on that which is within my control. My emotions, my man and my household
- I will stop dehumanizing my man’s ex. (Day 5 Girl Bye: Acknowledgement)
- I will not engage in Demon dialogues. I will ONLY speak life into my relationship and those around me
- I will develop a magic word to snap me out of bad thought patterns
- I will eject myself from my partners coparenting matters that do not affect me, my home or my well-being. I will not trifle with the day-to-day happening between the coparents. They have it all under control
- I will not be a repository for my partner’s bad feelings about his coparent. Our relationship is not a dumping ground for his drama. I will demand that my relationship be my safe space
- Before anyone else, I will take care of me
- I completely understand that I am voluntarily giving my peace of mind to his ex. She cannot take it from me without my participation
- I will not allow my stepchildren to see my crying. I will not allow them to see me when I am defeated. I will stand strong and exemplify courage in the face of opposition, especially when that opposition comes from their mother
- I am not weak. In fact, the people that treat me the worst are the ones who are truly afraid of my POWER
- I did not choose this life when I decided to be with a man with children. I only wanted love. I did not sign up for disrespect or abuse. I understand that God chose to make stepmothering a part of my journey. I am on a personal mission to use these trials and tribulations to become a better woman. I will turn my mess into a message. I will turn this test into a powerful testimony. I was chosen because I can handle it
I’m dedicating this episode of the podcast to my dear friend. She recently gained her wings and I kinda feel like she is one of my guardian angels.
In the words of Ms Winnie Burch, All is Well.Want peace? Grab Naja’s WorkBook for Mom’s and Stepmoms Have you copped your trendy Mama tee yet?!